Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to School

Well its that time of year again. I've survived another summer. Being back home in the midwest and with family I'm sure had something to do with it. The kids got lots of pool time, some outside play time, learned about lightning bugs, and how to pick fruits and veggies from the garden. Had our first experience at Great Wolf Lodge KC while Daddy was home on leave. A little pricey but a lot of fun. Love that us fair skinned girls can play all day and not worry about getting sunburnt. We all really enjoyed Play Bounce and Jump in LV. An indoor place to play and they had an awesome toddler area for Colton. Saw my first Polar Bear at the KC zoo!

The kids got their new back packs packed full of school supplies and the older two packed their lunches for tomorrow. Little Miss Kindergarten doesn't know what to think. Wants to start school now, but has orientation tomorrow then gets to do a full day Friday, which I pray goes well. I foresee one tired little bug curled up on the couch Friday afternoon fast asleep.

Colton and I will have to get used to it just being us for most of the day. Will give me time to work with him so we can continue making progress in his development. I think that little guy is going to wear my rear out though. He's quick and gets into everything. What else would I expect? He will be a year old next month!

If this week hasn't been exciting enough we had a 5.9 earthquake here on the East Coast (which I somehow didn't feel) and are expecting to be dealing with Hurricane Irene this weekend.

I'm looking forward to what the next few months will bring to this family...I will be working from home as an Independent Avon Representative, studying for my National Pharmacy Technician Certification exam, and continuing on my couponing and donating adventures. Also inevitably there will be more changes as we prepare for Daddy's return and the next chapter of our military life.

No comments:

Post a Comment